Hong Kong Enquiries – Meet Cathay Dragon Pilots in Hong Kong LEARN MORE

Commercial Pilot Licence (CPL)

Many of our customers join us wanting to continue on and make a career as an Airline Pilot, Flight Instructor, Testing Officer etc.

These candidates will continue on with their training. That training will require a total of 150 hours (with 70 flown solo) as a legal minimum and all of your previous flying in the RPL and PPL can be counted. You must be 18 years of age at the time of the flight test.

As with the PPL there is a theory component. The theory consists of the same seven subjects as in the PPL but this time they have individual subject courses and exams.

Once again these seven subjects can be completed via formal classes or self-studied. All exams must be completed within a two year time frame.

If it’s an additional qualification that you are after, then you have found the right place. Apart from the RPL, PPL, and CPL we offer Aerobatics, Tailwheel, Night Ratings, Instrument Ratings, Instructor Ratings, Formation Training, and Dangerous Goods Training. If it is able to be offered, we will be offering it.


Students training towards a CPL Course on the Integrated 150 hour syllabus should be aware that there is an impending regulatory change that could significantly impact on the cost of your training. On September 1st 2018, many schools will lose the ability to continue delivering this course. By that date Flying Schools will have to have completed a Transition to a Part 141 or Part 142 School. The 141 school will only be able to continue delivering the 200 hour CPL. The higher level Part 142 Schools will have exclusive access to the 150 hour syllabus. To date, less than 5% schools have successfully transitioned to a Part 142 Organisation. MFT is one of those schools that has successfully transitioned. Your continued training is assured under the 150 Hour Integrated Course. To students considering commencing training and anticipate their training going after September 1st 2018 they should ensure that their flight training provider has that 142 Approval.

Commercial Pilot Licence

All FAQs

Do I have to meet a standard medical condition?

Do I have to undergo a Security check?

What importance does MFT place on safety issues?

Am I covered by insurance?

I want to learn to fly but get dizzy easily.

This error message is only visible to WordPress admins

Error: API requests are being delayed for this account. New posts will not be retrieved.

There may be an issue with the Instagram access token that you are using. Your server might also be unable to connect to Instagram at this time.

Choose your language